UK Student Visitor Visa

Student visitors are allowed to come to the UK for 6 months (or 11 months if they will be studying an English Language course).

If you are an adult who wants to undertake a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language or work-related training course you can apply for a Student Visitor visa. To study on a longer course, or work and study, refer to the Tier 4 (Adult) Student visa.

You must show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

  • take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public.
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
  • carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor.
  • receive private medical treatment.


A Student visitor must be 18 or over and intend to leave the UK at the end of their permission to stay. They must have enough money to support and accommodate themselves without working or help from public funds. Alternatively you and any dependants can be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends.

Money Back Guarantee

We believe all our clients should be completely happy with the service provided by us, for that reason we offer a money back guarantee.

If your application does not have a positive result, you will be eligible for a refund of your fees.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information on legal issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. All Prices include taxes, application processing and advice is performed within our UK offices. Please refer to full terms and conditions.
The Immigration Centre is a private company, regulated by the OISC (F201200553). We provide UK immigration solutions for our Private and Corporate clients, we are not an official government agency, and we are not affiliated with government agencies.

Copyright © 2010-2016, The Immigration Centre Ltd (registered in England, 7785123)