UK Marriage Visa

A marriage visa or spouse visa allows the husband, wife or civil partner of a person who is settled in the UK, leave to enter and live in the UK for up to two years.

If you wish to bring your unmarried partner to join you in the UK, they will need to apply for a fiancé visa.

After two years in the UK under the terms of a marriage visa, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) , which allows you permanent residency in the UK.

A marriage visa will allow you to take up employment in the UK without needing to apply for a work permit and there are no restrictions on the type of work which you may undertake.

To be eligible for a marriage visa you and your husband, wife or civil partner must:

  • have met.
  • be legally married.
  • intend to live together.
  • be able to support yourselves without using public funds.
  • have accommodation for yourselves and any dependants without using public funds.
In the UK you will only be permitted to bring one husband, wife or civil partner into the country on a marriage visa.

Money Back Guarantee

We believe all our clients should be completely happy with the service provided by us, for that reason we offer a money back guarantee.

If your application does not have a positive result, you will be eligible for a refund of your fees.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information on legal issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. All Prices include taxes, application processing and advice is performed within our UK offices. Please refer to full terms and conditions.
The Immigration Centre is a private company, regulated by the OISC (F201200553). We provide UK immigration solutions for our Private and Corporate clients, we are not an official government agency, and we are not affiliated with government agencies.

Copyright © 2010-2016, The Immigration Centre Ltd (registered in England, 7785123)